There’s no question that in this day and age, every business needs an online presence. Questions may pop up, however, when deciding what that presence will look like – and specifically, the best platform on which to build your website.
There are a multitude of options, from all-in-one packages that include hosting, URL, some SEO, and DIY drag-and-drop structures to completely custom configurations. You’ll want to be sure that you start on a platform that will enable your website and its features to evolve as your business and its needs grow over time to avoid having to start from scratch a few years down the line.
Here at RWS Consulting, there is one platform that stands out as being far above and beyond all the rest – and that’s WordPress. Here are a few of our favorite things about this versatile CMS (Content Management System).
- Open Source CMS: Because WordPress is an open source platform, you get the benefit of the culmination of the widest base of knowledge and technology available, always at the leading edge of technological evolution and advancement. Of course, this plethora of information and choices also requires a deep knowledge of the system and an ability to stay up to date on the latest developments.
- 100% Customizable: WordPress offers a level of design that enables everything about your website to be 100% customizable and unique to your business and brand.
- Control Over Your Site: Some all-in-one platforms have control of everything – you have no say in how things are run, when updates happen, and more. With WordPress, part of what comes with the open source platform and customizable CMS is that you control every piece of your website, and are not subject to the whims of an independent company.
- Search Engines Love WordPress: Search engines can easily read and index a site’s content, because the code supporting WordPress is simple and clean. There are also several ways to enhance your visibility and SEO on WordPress.
- Your Site Can Grow with You: You can have hundreds or even thousands of blog posts and pages on your site, and performance will never be compromised. Add this to the over 50,000 WordPress plugins available (with more being introduced every day), and the sky is the limit.
Clearly, we have a bit of a crush on WordPress here at RWS. And while we feel very strongly that it’s by far the best platform on which to build your site, we also recognize that it can require a bit of a learning curve. If you don’t have the time for a learning curve, we’d be happy to build your site for you, integrating our more than a decade of experience with website design and online technologies with your unique needs. Call us today. 202-409-8113