When you think of creating a solid marketing plan, does Search Engine Optimization (SEO) come to mind? It doesn’t for a lot of people, but it should. SEO is a unique tool that can make a huge difference in how many people can find your business. Some people remain unsure of whether it’s worth the time or expense to implement SEO on their website. If you’re still on the fence, consider these points:
- Bigger Bang for Your Buck: SEO is quite cost-effective when you compare it to most other forms of marketing, whether they are online, print, or elsewhere.
- Rise to the Top: When doing a search online, the majority of users won’t go beyond the first page of results. This means that unless you show up on page one of a Google (or Yahoo, Bing, etc.) search, potential clients may never even know you exist.
- Opportunity: Unlike other forms of marketing, SEO can put you in front of potential clients when they are actively seeking your services or products. For instance, you may have a great advertisement on social media. But if the people who see that ad don’t currently need what you’re offering, they won’t click on it. On the other hand, when SEO puts your website at the top of their search list, it’s because they are actively seeking what you’re offering.
- One Size Fits All: SEO is important whether you are a large corporation or whether you have a small, home-based business. It may get implemented differently (a small, local business may focus more on local search optimization), but SEO remains a vital tool for any size business.
- Credibility: While they may not realize it, most people make subconscious decisions about a business’s credibility based on where it shows up in Google’s rankings. They are much more likely to click on a business that’s higher up on page one of the search results than anywhere further down.
- Visibility and Branding: Often when people search for a service or product, they’ll try several different search terms to zero in on what they’re searching for. High quality SEO will put your website near the top of their search results repeatedly, making a lasting impression.
- Measurability: Unlike some other forms of marketing, analytics can be used to measure the efficacy of all aspects of your SEO platform.
SEO is both a science and an art – it requires algorithms, research, and systems as well as creativity, clarity, and finesse. When done well, it can be one of the most valuable tools you use for your business. If you have any questions or would like to implement SEO on your site, give us a call. We’d love to hear from you: 202-409-8113