There are several reasons that a blog is valuable to your business. Many people think blogs are only for authors or journalists. But here’s the thing. It doesn’t matter if you’re a mechanic, a whittler, a hairdresser, or a lawyer… a blog can always be extremely valuable to your business. Here are six important reasons to have a blog:
- Blogs are great for SEO. Search engines give priority to fresh and valuable content. In addition, each blog adds a whole new page to your website, offering more opportunity for metatags and keywords for search engines to pick up on.
- Highlight your expertise. Not only do blogs keep you in your customers’ awareness, they are a great opportunity to highlight skills and services of yours that they may not have been aware of. (For example, if you are a website developer, you could use your blog to highlight your blog writing services.)
- Connect to your customers. Blogging allows you to stay connected to your customers and potential customers. Particularly if your customers don’t use your services regularly, a blog or newsletter is a great way to stay in touch and to keep your brand in their awareness.
- Encourage your customers to refer their friends. By making a short how-to video or sharing valuable knowledge, you increase the chances that a customer will pass your blog on to a friend in need of that information, potentially creating a new customer.
- Tell your story. You can use your blog to tell more about yourself and your business, giving your company a human touch. Do you have a unique story about what inspired you to start your business? Telling stories has the potential to create a connection that no level of advertising can.
- Highlight your consistency and expertise. When a potential customer lands on your site, seeing a consistent blog history filled with valuable information adds credibility to you and your business.
If you’d like to begin blogging but don’t know where or how to get started, we can help you every step of the way. We can add a blog to your existing site, we can make a new site for you, and we can even write your blogs for you. We have experienced and talented writers who will research your specific field and topics to create engaging content for your customers.