You could ask a dozen different people what they think makes a good website and likely get a dozen different answers.
Then, how do you make a good website?
I’ll point out at least some of the most common things that you should or shouldn’t do.
- Make sure the user can find what they’re looking for quickly. If it takes the user more than about 3-5 seconds to find what they want, you’ll probably lose them.
- Use quality content and don’t have too much. Some will argue that more content is better. However, most users aren’t looking to read a book when they visit your website.
- Go easy on the images or photos; make sure they’re optimized and don’t use Flash. All these things increase the time it takes to load your website and not everyone has a high-speed connection.
- Show your phone number and a call-to-action in the header.
- Have a detailed “About Us” page and include a (current) photo.
- Don’t use too many colors. The web is visual and people don’t want to be assaulted with a rainbow of colors. Around 3 basic colors are all you need.
There are dozens of things I could list that you should and shouldn’t do. These are some basics. Watch for additional posts with more details.
For more on web design and other related items, please visit our website at: https://rws-cc.com.